Wanda M. Britton
Wanda M. Britton, age 83 of Royse City, TX passed away at Presbyterian Hospital of Rockway peacefully on January 1, 2023, lovingly surrounded by family and friends. She was born in Navarro County, TX on July 6, 1939 to the late William E. Patterson and late Fay M. (Sykes) Patterson as an only child.
Wanda loved watching birds. Hummingbirds were her favorite and had multiple feeders at any given time. She enjoyed gardening, crossword puzzles, baking, cooking, and spending time with her beloved family. Wanda graduated from Waxahachie High. On August 14, 1959, she married the love of her life, John E. Britton, and together they raised three children in their home of 52 years located in Garland, TX. In 2014, she moved to her daughter’s home in Royse City who faithfully cared for Wanda until her passing.
She is preceded in death by her husband of 55 years, John E. Britton and son, Johnny Britton, who passed away on November 11, 1972 just after his 11th birthday. She is survived by her daughter and son-in-law, Pamela and Jeff Whitaker, son and daughter-in-law, Chad and Kasey Britton, and her beloved grandchildren, Cynthia Britton, Brittni Whitaker and Zane Britton. She will be deeply missed by her loving family, her life-long devoted friends, and numerous extended family members who called her Mom or Gran-Gran.
Visitation will be held on Saturday, January 14, 2023 from 1:00 PM until time of funeral service at 2:00 PM with Pastor Jasen “J-Bo” Thomas from Tyler, TX, officiating at North Dallas Funeral Home, 2710 Valley View Ln, Dallas, TX 75234. Final resting place will be at Dallas National Veterans Cemetery with committal service determined at a later date. Flowers and plants will be accepted on behalf of the family at the funeral home.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.northdallasfuneralhome.com for the Britton family.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference