Walter Ray Parks
Born February 14, 1950 to Frances Vivian Wilson of Oak Cliff, Walter loved fishing at Lake Cliff Park. He joined the Navy so he could see the world and from there became a bit of a hustler—a jack of all trades. He was a truck driver, sold lawnmowers and Dearborn heaters but he had knack for fixing and selling cars. It was that wheelin’ and dealin’ charm—he just knew how to get things done. When Hurricane Katrina hit, Walter helped pack RVs filled with supplies and drove to New Orleans to help NBC News stay on air.
Later in life, Walter found Christ and wasn’t afraid to share the good word. He had a larger than life personality with a laugh that won’t be forgotten. He could draw a crowd with one of his many stories.
Beating cancer in 2016, he was a fighter. Driving himself to chemo and radiation he kept his sense of humor and didn’t let it get him down.
Walter loved his girls. He was married to Toni for nearly 44 years. His greatest joy was his daughter Eva and becoming M’Pa Emmy Cunningham.
Walter put the needs of others above his own. It was fitting he was born on Valentine’s Day as he had the biggest heart and would spend his last dime helping someone even a stranger in need. To honor Walter, consider doing a random act of kindness and pay it forward. He will be missed dearly.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference