Vada Earlene Hughes
It is with great sadness that we report that on October 22,2022 Vada Earlene Hughes of McKinney, TX, peacefully passed away. She fought a very long and hard battle with lung disease. We will miss her terribly but we are comforted that Vada went to join her beloved husband, Roe Hughes, in heaven. Vada is survived by her three children, Lyn Hughes, (Byron King) of Greenville, TX, Roe Hughes III (Trey), Hughes of Plano, TX and Stephanie Hughes of McKinney, TX. Vada is also survived by her grandchildren Roe Hughes IV of Jurupa Valley, CA, Savannah Hughes of McKinney, TX and her great grandchild Luca Roe of McKinney, TX.
Vada was born at home on May 10, 1938, in Amarillo, TX to Julia and Earl Briscoe. She grew up in the Texas panhandle in the town of Memphis. She was lucky to be surrounded by a big family in Memphis including her grandparents and lots of aunts, uncles and cousins.
Vada met Roe Hughes a resident of Childress, TX and they married in September of 1953. On their wedding night, Roe pushed Vada around the town square of Memphis in a wheel barrel as tradition called for back then. That began their life of adventure together. They were married for 63 years before Roe passed away in December 2015.
Vada was always up for a new travel adventure with Roe and family. Whether it was camping in the Rocky Mountains or visiting Russia during the Cold War or an African photo safari they enjoyed their love of travel here and abroad. There were also many moves for Vada as Roe moved up the corporate ladder. They resided in Texas, Indiana, Illinois, California and Athens, Greece.
She was the best Mom, Yaya, aunt, and friend anyone could ask for. Vada will be missed by all who knew and loved her. A celebration of her life will be in the springtime of 2023. We will see you again, Mom!
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference