Mark Douglas Blalock
Mark Douglas Blalock passed away May 15, 2022, after finishing his battle with congestive heart failure. He was at home, surrounded by his wife, daughter, son-in-law, brother, sister, and brother and sister-in-law.
Mark was born in Stamford, New York, on May 18, 1955, to Eddie and Suzanne Blalock. He was the youngest of four children.
Mark grew up in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma as well as San Antonio, Texas, and Scottsdale, Arizona. Upon graduating high school, Mark attended Oklahoma City University and went on to work with his father and two of his siblings in a family-owned business, EBA.
His experience at EBA led him to work at Devtec and later TLD, which he retired from in 2020.
Mark enjoyed spending most of his time with his family and his mornings with his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He married his lovely wife, Laura, in 1989, and had one daughter, Sydney.
He immensely enjoyed fly fishing wherever (and whenever) he could with his daughter and close friends; traveling; music; any kind of clever gadget; spending time at Lake Texoma and his pool; and grilling a nice steak.
Mark will be remembered for his bright smile, calm confidence, sense of humor, wisdom, and leadership. He is survived by his sister, older brother, wife, daughter, and soon-to-arrive grandson. He will be immeasurably missed.
Please leave the family condolences and/or share memories on this website.
Services to honor Marks legacy will be held 10:00 am Friday May 20th,2022
North Dallas Funeral Home
2710 Valley View Lane
Farmers Branch, Texas 75234
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference