Leslie Lloyd Henderson Jr.
It is with deep sorrow that we announce the death of Leslie Lloyd Henderson Jr. of Dallas, Texas who passed away on Tuesday, January 25, 2022, at the age of 78, leaving to mourn family and friends.
Les was born in Brazos, TX on November 16, 1948, to Leslie Lloyd Henderson Sr. and Wanda Jean Rhea.
Les was a proud American and took great pride in his military career. He served in the U.S. Air Force for eleven years, with time at Tachikawa USAF Hospital in Japan, achieving the rank of Sergeant and receiving an Honorable Discharge. After his military service, Les owned and operated his own business, Textrol Controls, before retiring from working as a Database Administrator for the Veteran Affairs.
He enjoyed spending time and traveling with his family and friends. He also had a passion riding for taking the scenic routes on his motorcycle, flying his plane, playing pool and listening to music.
Les leaves behind, to cherish his memory, his sister Kala DeBoy of Garland, Texas, daughter, Daedra Henderson Burchfield and son-in-law Greg Burchfield of Flower Mound, TX, granddaughter, Lexi Rhea Burchfield of Brownwood, TX, and friends who he loved so much.
Family and friends are invited to celebrate Les’s life at 11:00 AM on Saturday, May 7, 2022, at North Dallas Funeral Home.
North Dallas Funeral Home
2716 Valley View Lane
Dallas, TX 75234
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference