Larry Johnson Sr
Larry Johnson Sr., 75, Plano, Texas passed away on Feb 9th, 2022 in Carrollton, Tx.
Visitation and funeral will be held at North Dallas Funeral Home, 2710 Valley View Lane, Dallas, Texas 75234. Larry will be buried at, 508 Masters Ave, Wylie, TX 75098 and will be unaccompanied by patrol cars.
Larry was born in Sparta, Georgia to Alice and William Johnson on November 20, 1946. Larry went on to get an associates degree in engineering and worked for Texas Instruments/Raytheon for most of his career. Larry was a sober alcoholic since March 1977 and he spent his years helping others to achieve and stay sober. He is a beloved father, grandfather, and step father who loved his family. He was a master at the grill. His fellow alcoholics called him a spiritual giant. He was one of the founding members of a twelve step group in Plano called ODAAT which is still around to this day. Larry spent many nights at Children’s Medical Center of Dallas with his daughter and grand daughter who was diagnosed with Wilm’s tumor when she was almost 6 months.
Larry is survived by his children J.R. (Shelly) Johnson and Stacy (Jeremy) Byrd and his step children Jane (Jodi Kaufman) Wenger, Kristine (Joe) Wagner, Bob (Karen) Wenger, Betsy (Gene) Jensen. He also leaves his grandchildren, Avalee Byrd, Kaylee Byrd, Anaissa Johnson , Andon Johnson and his step grandchildren Warren Lindsey, Matthew (Jennifer) Lindsey, Emily (Pol) Aguirre, Kenneth Shaw Wenger, U.S. Marine Cpl. William T. Wenger and one great grand child PJ Aguirre.
Larry is proceeded in death by his mother Alice Poole, brother James Johnson, wife Patricia Johnson, and stepfather Jimmy Poole.
In lieu of flowers the family asks that you donate to the www.kidney.org or charity of your choice.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Thank you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference
- Consent to Publish Form