Joseph Franklin Eaves Sr.
Joseph Franklin Eaves Sr., age 78, passed away unexpectedly in Plano, Texas, on August 9th, 2022, 10 days before his 79th birthday.
Joe Sr. was born in Alice, Texas, on August 19th, 1943, to Rufus Henry Eaves and Gladys Irene Eaves. He graduated from Ballinger High School in 1962 and moved to the DFW area shortly after graduating to become a radio DJ. His plans changed after a short time in Dallas when he met the love of his life, Jane. They married on August 17th, 1963, and together raised their son and light of their life Joseph F. Jr. A change in plans led to a change in career paths. In the 1970s, he switched to property tax consulting and was hooked until retiring. During his life, Joe enjoyed many things, including hunting, fishing, boating, woodworking, spending time with his family and friends, and making others laugh. Joe swore he was a comedian, even when the jokes weren’t funny.
Joe Sr. is preceded in death by his parents, Rufus and Gladys Eaves, and his brother, John. He is survived by his loving wife of 59 years, Jane Eaves; their only child, Joseph F. Eaves Jr. and his wife Kimberly; granddaughters, Heather and Whitney Henderson and her husband Josh; brother, Thomas Eaves and his wife Judy; nieces and nephews; many, many friends and Buddy, his beloved dog.
A joint service for Joe Sr. and Jane will be held Saturday, October 1st,2022 at 12:00pm at North Dallas Funeral Home in Farmers Branch, Texas.
*We ask that you wear bright colors to celebrate and remember the bright life Joe and Jane shared together.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference