James Lee Dant
James Lee Dant went to be with his Savior the Lord Jesus Christ on June 12, 2022, after a long illness, surrounded by his family. He spent his final days with his family who loved him dearly. He is survived by his daughter, Catherine Tucker and her finance George Chambers, his son David Dant and his wife Tamara, and his daughter Carolyn Pitrucha and her husband Scott; his grandchildren Andrew Tucker, Brandon Tucker, Angela Tucker, Lauren Leslie and her husband Spencer; Justin Pitrucha, Michelle Pitrucha; Sarah Maples and her husband Chris, and Christopher Dant; as well as his great-grandchildren Trevin Reed, McKenzie Reed, and Banks Pitrucha.
He was preceded in death by his wife Mary and her parents John and Edith Hand, his parents, Joseph and Mary Dant, his son-in-law Scott Tucker.
Born in Enid, OK, his family moved several times within Oklahoma during WWII as his father worked in the rubber industry making tires for BF Goodrich Tire Company. He enlisted in the USAF on June 16, 1954 and served the country as an Aircraft Radio Repairman on B47’s at Forbes AFB, Kansas. After leaving the Air Force in 1957, James worked briefly at Braniff Airlines at Love Field repairing and installing radios on commercial aircraft. In 1958 he was hired on at Texas Instruments as a Design Technician in many programs, to include the TI handheld personal calculator in the early 1970’s as well as US Military R&D programs.
He married his wife Mary on January 23rd 1960, who he was married to for 55 faithful years before her death in June 2015.
His hobbies were woodworking, maintaining his cars, working on electronics, and recording and preserving a library of movies and bluegrass and country music concerts. He wasn’t happy unless he had a project to work on. Chief among them was building an addition to his home in 1974. It was fitting that he passed away peacefully in the room he built.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference
- Consent to Publish Form