On March 14, 1942, our mother Henrietta Gowans was born in Corsicana, TX to proud parents Henry (Pig) Crawford and Lula Mae Wright. On April 2, 2023, at 4:12pm Henrietta left her earthly home to be present with our heavenly father.
She leaves behind 4 children, Rita Gowans, Nita Coleman (Husband Lawrence Coleman II), Rogers Gowans Jr. and Marsha Gowans. Four grandchildren, Kamesha Hurd (Husband Travis Hurd),Rakeina Coleman, Gabriel Hodges, Lawrence Coleman III. and 6 great grandchildren: Kamaiyah Hurd, Trakiyah Hurd, Nya Thomas, Mark Jace Hodge, Gabriel Hodge Jr, and Gabriella Hodge and She leaves behind 5 siblings: Gwendolyn Davis, Joan Jones (Fredrick), Bobby Crawford, Henry Crawford, Stephen Crawford, Stepmother: Annie Crawford and many cousins, nieces, nephews, and friends who all loved her.,
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Thank you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference
- Consent to Publish Form
My Mother was and still is Beautiful than any flowers that God, has ever created. Her love transcendent above all the heavens. When we look at your Joseph Coat Roses of many colors, we will always have our eyes looking into your loving face. And such a wonderful face that we are missing.
We Love you, Mama. Along with all yours Great and Great Grandchildren’s, your Son-in-laws, and Family members.
Have you not known? Have you not heard? THE LORD IS THE EVERLASTING GOD. THE CREATOR OF THE ENDS OF THE EARTH. He does not faint or grow weary, his understanding is UNSEARCHABLE. He gives power to the faint and to Him who has no might He INCREASES STRENGTH…..
BUT THEY THAT WAIT ON THE LORD SHALL RENEW THEIR STRENGTH; THEY SHALL MOUNT UP WITH WINGS LIKE EAGLES; THEY SHALL RUN AND NOT BE WEARY ; THEY SHALL WALK AND NOT FAINT.
I SHALL ALWAYS REFLECT ON AUNT
HEN WHO WOULD ALWAYS GREET AND EMBRACE WITH THAT BEAUTIFUL SMILE! SHE EMBODIED TRUE CHRISTIAN AND FAMILY VALUES. HER LOVE FOR FAMILY AND DEDICATION WAS THE MARK OF WHAT I WOULD CALL AND SAY WITH TRUE CONVICTION.” WELL DONE THOU FAITHFUL SERVANT WELL DONE!!”