Gwendolyn Earlene Beezley Piccola was born November 10, 1927 to George Albert Beezley, and Beatrice White in Celeste, Texas. After graduating high school, Gwen moved to Dallas, Texas. She began her adult life working various jobs, and started her life’s calling as a mother. Gwen worked at Safeway grocery, and Texas Instruments while simultaneously raising her four children. While working at Safeway, she met and married the love of her life, Luke Piccola. Gwen and Luke had 3 children together. Gwen lost Luke on April 24, 1975. She continued to raise their 3 children aged 12, 9, and 7, all while working nights at Texas Instruments. Gwen retired in 1992 after 20 years with Texas Instruments. During her retirement, Gwen helped several people who needed assistance in their elder years, all while helping to raise her grandchildren, and great grandchildren. Gwen was a shining example of grace, character, and class. She left this world to be with Luke Piccola on June 8, 2022.
Gwen was preceded in death by her husband Luke, granddaughter Tiffany Ulmer, and stepson Luke Piccola. She is survived by her children, David Bullock, stepson Chris Piccola and wife Nita, and their son Chris Jr., Frank Piccola, Lori Alexander and husband Lonny, Gena Hollowell and her husband Greg. Grandchildren Tasha Hammond and her husband Matt. Dale Roberson and his wife Sharon. Jerry Ulmer, and Brittany Ulmer. Great grandchildren Noah Yancey, Joseph Hammond, Ryley Ulmer, Travis Roberson, and Luke Roberson.
Funeral Services have been entrusted to North Dallas Funeral Home, Family will welcome guest for a visitation on Tuesday June 14, 2022 from 12:00pm -2:00pm & Funeral Service will be held on Wednesday June 15, 2022 at 2:00pm at North Dallas Funeral Home located at 2710 Valley View Ln, Farmers Branch, TX 75234. Mrs. Piccola will be laid to rest at Calvary Hill Cemetery, during a private service.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference