George Charles Mekker
Dr. George Charles Mekker of Farmers Branch, Texas passed away on
Sunday, April 3, 2022, at the age of 90.
He is survived by son, George S and Leta Mekker; daughter, Elizabeth
Mekker; grandsons, Jake Mekker, and Daniel Kelly; granddaughters,
Jessica, and Mallory Kelly.
Services for Dr. Mekker will be held on Monday, April 11, 2022, in the
Brooks Family Chapel of the North Dallas Funeral Home, 2710 Valley
View Lane, Farmers Branch, Texas 75234.
Visitation will be from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm, Celebration of Life service will begin at 1:00 pm.
Interment will follow at Keenan Cemetery in Farmers Branch.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference