Edwards, Janis Lynn
Janis Lynn Edwards, 73, of Carrollton passed away Tuesday, November 2, 2021.
Jan was born on March 30th, 1948. She grew up as an only child and she excelled in choir and later as a school teacher who worked with foreign students to learn English. She loved each of those children as though they were solely hers to watch after.
After getting her college degree from Abilene Christian College she was married to Ralph Smart in August of 1971.
She and Ralph moved to Rochester, New York for employment opportunities. After only a couple years of marriage, Ralph was struck down by an individual who was drinking and driving.
Jan finished her school year in Rochester and then moved back to Texas.
Jan has always been close to her family. When her father, Doug Edwards passed in 2007, she struggled to find a place where she could be close to her Mom and yet keep her independence. She lived in the house that was built next door to her parents in Carrollton.
Jan was a loveable person who seemed to always be looking for opportunities to see her family and friends. She is now with all those good folks who passed before her.
Rest Well Jan.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference