Donald Wayne Dawson
Donald Wayne Dawson, 63, of Moyers, OK passed away on November 17, 2022, after a difficult battle with Dementia.
Don was preceded in death by his parents Ivan “Tommy” and Jean Dawson, and his nephew Jacob Philp. He is survived by his three sisters, Janelyn Smith and husband David, Denise Sherman, and Kim Philp and husband Mark; two daughters Rose Young and husband Matt and Maria Jean Jimenez and husband Jesus, grandchildren Jordan Young and Skylar Young, and his wife Wendy Sprague, along with numerous nieces and nephews.
Don attended high school in Texas, and shortly after joined the United States Air Force. His honorable and distinguished Air Force career ultimately defined Don’s life. He traveled to multiple countries, held many different titles, including Military Training Instructor, and was honorably retired in 2001 after 22 years of faithful service. He was known for his infectious personality and stunning good looks, daredevil motorcycle prowess, his guitar playing and love for rock and roll music, his devotion and service to his country, and most importantly his love for his family and friends.
A Celebration of Life for family and friends will be at John P. Brooks and Family North Dallas Funeral Home, Dallas, TX on November 29, 2022 at 11am.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference