Carmen Marcene Peterson Loberg Young passed away peacefully on May 31, 2022 in Dallas, Texas at Signature Pointe Retirement Center. She was 96 years old and had a long and full life. She was born on September 1, 1925 and grew up in Vernon County, Wisconsin. She graduated from Viroqua High School and went on to attend Vernon County Normal School. She met Charles Loberg and they married in 1944. They made their home in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She is survived by her three children, Douglas Loberg and wife Mary Alice of Dallas, Texas, Diane Lagow and husband Charles of Sunnyvale, Texas, and John Loberg and wife Linda of Charlotte, North Carolina. She is also survived by 7 grandchildren and 13 great grandchildren.
Her husband Charles passed away in 1974. Carmen later married Robert Young of Dallas, Texas who died in 2001. She is also survived by her stepson Bill Young and wife Rebecca, step grandchildren and. step great grandchildren.
Carmen is preceded in death by her parents Andrew and Lydia Peterson, one brother, Arden Peterson, and one sister, Shirley Vining, and survived by one sister, Lola Coster of Morgantown, West Virginia.
Carmen grew up on a farm in central Wisconsin. Everything they needed was provided by the farm except sugar, but her father tended honeybees, so they always had honey. Her father also grew a small crop of large-leafed wrapping tobacco plants. Pictures of her “spearing” tobacco leaves contrast with the many other places she lived and visited in her travels. Her family is close and has many happy memories of her life. She made friends wherever she went.
A Grave Side Service will be held at Sparkman Hillcrest Funeral Home in Dallas, Texas on Thursday, June 9th at 10:00 AM. In lieu of flowers, please make a donation in Memory to Dallas Theological Seminary.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Thank you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference
- Consent to Publish Form