Arthur Edmon Henderson
Arthur Edmon Henderson, Sr. was born in rural Van Zandt County near Wills Point, Texas, on April 28, 1927, and passed away peacefully on May 3, 2022, at the age of 95.
Celebration of Life service will be held on Monday, May 9, 2022, at 11:00 am at North Dallas Funeral Home, 2710 Valley View Lane, Farmers Branch, Texas 75234. Visitation will begin at 10:00 am prior to the service. Interment will be at White Rose Cemetery in Wills Point, Texas following the service.
He attended schools in Wills Point, Texas and for a time attended North Dallas High School, graduating from Wills Point High School in 1945.
He entered the U.S. Army shortly after graduation and served in WWII in England and Okinawa later serving in the Army reserves during the Korean War.
Upon completion of his service Arthur pursued a career in electronics and became an engineer in the radio and television industry, working at stations in North and West Texas, including a stent as Chief Engineer at KERA TV13 before joining the engineering team at WFAA-TV channel 8 in Dallas, retiring in 1992.
Arthur is preceded in death by his wife, of 65 years, Jeanne.
He is survived by his sister, Anna Alford; daughter, Dee (Doug); son, Arthur, Jr. (Penny); grandchildren; Amy (Dennis), Justin, Ethan, Amy (Tom), great grandchildren, Cort, Knox, Liam, and Hayden; and numerous, cousins, nieces, and extended family.
In lieu of flowers donations may be made to Valwood Park Baptist Church, 2727 Valwood Parkway, Farmers Branch, Texas 75234
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference