Spencer, Robert Benner
Robert Benner Spencer of Dallas, Texas passed away on Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at the age of 87. Robert was born in St. Louis, MO on December 28, 1926. He graduated from Highland Park High School and North Texas University and served in United States Navy. He enjoyed acting as a Shiner Clown, Biblical archeology lecturer and prison ministry.
He was predeceased by daughter, Michele Suzanne Spencer.
Robert is survived by his wife, Sue Spencer; sons, Mark Brenner Spencer, Paul Taylor Spencer, Donald Charles Spencer; daughter, Renee Anne Spencer; 6 grandchildren, Michael Taylor Spencer, Kyle Geoffrey Spencer, Ryan Matthew Spencer, Taylor Anne Cooper, Megan Louise Jackson, Amanda Lee Vaughn; and great granddaughter, Savannah Grace Jackson.
A memorial service will be held on Saturday, June 21, 2014 at 10:30 am at Lovers Lane United Methodist Church, 9200 Inwood Drive, Dallas, Texas 75220.
In lieu of flowers family suggest donations in Robert’s memory to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. www.cff.org
Please send the family condolences on this website.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Thank you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately.
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference
- Consent to Publish Form
I am so sorry to hear of Mr. Spencer’s passing. Renee, you and your family are in my thoughts!
Just received a sympathy card from my cousin Nancy Turner Burks in Dallas telling me that Uncle Bobby had passed. So sorry that I did not know before now and that I missed the service. Uncle Bobby played a significant role in the days of not only my life but also my son’s. Aunt Sue, Mark, Paul, Don, and Renee, our thoughts and prayers are with you as we all celebrate his life and grieve the loss of his earthly presence. He is now with Grandma, Grandaddy, his brother and Michelle up in Heaven. And the legacy of his life will live on through each of you and yours as well as in all the lives that he influenced for good throughout his life-well-lived. Much love from your Seattle family, Peggy and Sidney