Lobaugh, Matthew Christopher (Matt)
Matthew Christopher Lobaugh (Matt), 31, of Plano, Texas passed away on Wednesday, June 4, 2014 in Dallas, Texas.
Matt was born on June 15, 1982 in Independence, Missouri to Kirk and Kellie Lobaugh. He attended schools in Blue Springs, Missouri through high school. He then attended electrical school in Houston, Texas. He served in the United States Navy as a meteorologist/oceanographer. He worked as a journeyman electrician. He enjoyed off roading in his Jeep and the Jeep Club and VFW events. He helped aid in the research for melanoma treatments and the cure. Matt never knew a stranger at any age. He was always optimistic and loved to laugh.
He is predeceased by his grandfathers, Tom Spradlin and Phil Lobaugh and grandmother, Lesta Lobaugh.
Matt is survived by his parents Kirk and Kellie Lobaugh of Plano, Texas; sister and brother-in-law Melinda and Sam Mione, of Plano, Texas; his grandmother, Reita Spradlin, West Des Moines, Iowa; aunts; uncles; cousins; and numerous friends from his church, school, work, United States Navy and clubs.
Services will be held on Saturday, July 19, 2014 at Messiah Lutheran Chapel at 11:00 am,1801 West Plano Parkway, Plano, Texas 75075. Rev. Donald Welmer will be officiating. Matt will be scattered in the lake where his grandfather, Tim Spradlin, is in Des Moines, Iowa at a later date. Arrangements are under the direction of North Dallas Funeral Home, Dallas, Texas. For more information call 214-564-8141.
Donations may be made to AIM at Melanoma, 3217 Bob O Link Court, Plano, TX 75093 aimatmelanoma.org.
The family would like to express their sincere thanks to MD Anderson Cancer Center, of Houston, TX and Harold C. Simmons Cancer Center of Dallas, TX for their excellent care of Matt.
Words to sum up his life: Never met a Stranger
Please send the family condolences on this site.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference