Cate, Dorothy Helen Yoast
Dorothy Helen (Yoast) Cate died peacefully on Wednesday, June 11, 2014. She was born in Fort Worth on October 29, 1922.
Dorothy was employed by Birdville Public Schools as a school secretary for 30 years. An avid gardener, she garnered numerous awards for the beauty she created.
Dorothy was preceded in death by Leslie Wayne Cate, her husband of 42 years and her parents Maggie and Samuel Yoast. She is survived by son, Michael Cate and his wife Merrilee; daughter Sandra Cate Trostel; grandchildren Matthew Trostel and his wife Lynn; and Emilie Cate and her husband Frederic Charlebois. A sister, Maxine Males, also survives.
The family wishes to express heartfelt appreciation to Linda McWilliams, longtime caregiver, and Janet Bjork, both of whom provided loving care over the last seven years.
Family and friends will honor Dorothy during a committal service at Chapel Garden Mausoleum on Saturday, June 28, at 3:30pm in Restland Memorial Park, 9220 Restland Road, Dallas.
The family requests that, in lieu of flowers, memorial gifts may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association or to either the Dallas Arboretum or Fort Worth Botanic Garden.
Please send family condolences and sign the guestbook on this website.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference