Weatherly, Dorothy Diane
Dorothy Diane Weatherly, 69, of Richardson, Texas passed away peacefully surrounded by her family and friends at Medical City, Dallas on Thursday, June 5, 2014 after a courageous battle with cancer.
Dorothy Weatherly was born in Waco, TX and grew up in Prairie Hill, TX, to the late Victor Mark Hardin and Dorothy Faye Ward Hardin. Dorothy attended Mexia High School and Stephen F. Austin University receiving her Degree in Accounting and Economics.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Victor and Faye Hardin.
She is survived by her husband of 46 years, Lee Weatherly; two sons, Bradley Mark Weatherly and wife Lana, of Prosper, and Christopher Lee Weatherly of Richardson; four grand-daughters, Katy and Caroline Weatherly, of Prosper, Haylee and Rylee Weatherly, of McKinney; Sister, Nancy Hardin Thomason and Husband Henry; nieces Vicki and Camille Thomason; Becky and Chris Weatherly, of Fort Worth and their children, Kaleigh, Austin, Noah, Jacob, Tim, and Chris Weatherly as well as numerous cousins, great-nieces and nephews.
The Weatherly family would like to thank Dr. Bruce Fine and the entire staff of nurses and PCA’s on 9 South at Medical City for the special love and care provided to her during her final weeks. We would also like to extend a special thank you to Marci Gaines, Mary Beth Keitt, Shelly and Richard Carlson, Sharon Spaulding, Laura and Nancy Barrington and Lisa Johnson for all of their care and assistance. She truly loved each and every one of the aforementioned care givers and friends and our family is grateful to you all.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the MD Anderson Ovarian Cancer Research Center at www.mdanderson.org or the Prairie Hill Cemetery Association.
Please send the family condolences on this website.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference