Garcia, Serafin "Poppa" B.
Sunrise: July 14, 1962
Sunset: May 18, 2014
Serafin Garcia “Poppa”, 51, of Dallas Texas- passed away surrounded by his family on May 18, 2014.
Serafin is survived by his wife Salustria of 25 years, daughters Jenny Ortiz, Dora Garcia, and Naomi Garcia, Son J.R. Garcia, Grandsons Luis Flores Jr and Marcus Flores, Mother Liduvina Garcia, Brothers Carlos, Arturo, Francisco, Manuel Garcia, his Sisters Rocio Garcia, Angelica Garcia and many loving nieces and nephews.
He was a very loving father, husband, grandfather, son, brother, uncle, and friend to all. He enjoyed playing practical jokes on all the family members and never had a serious or dull moment. He loved to cook, spend time with his family, and listen to music. He always checked on everyone to make sure everyone was doing okay. His strength was incredible as he always stood tall and strong for all of his family and never gave up.
A special thank you to all of our family and friends for their support, especially the Alkali Team, Frank with the North Dallas Funeral Home for making all the arrangements needed.
Visitation will be Sunday, May 25, 2014 from 4:00 to 8:00 pm in the Brooks Family Chapel of the North Dallas Funeral Home, 2710 Valley View Lane, Farmers Branch, Texas 75234. Funeral services will be on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 10:30 am at Mary Immaculate Catholic Church, Valwood Parkway, Farmers Branch, Texas 75234.
Please send the family condolences on this site.
Poem for our Father:
God looked around his Garden and found an empty place.
He then looked down upon his earth and saw your loving face.
He put his arms around you and lifted you to rest.
His Garden must be beautiful, he always takes the best.
He saw your path was difficult, he closed your tired eyes,
He whispered to you “Peace be Thine” and gave you wings to fly.
You’ve left us precious memories, your love will be our guide,
You live on through your children, you’re always by our side.
It broke our hearts to lose you, but you did not go alone.
For part of us went with you on the day God called you home.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference