Brown, Wesley Ashley
Wes Brown, age 77, passed away Thursday, March 27, 2014 ending his battle with ALS – Lou Gehrig’s disease. He was born on February 5, 1937 in Milton, MA, and was preceded in death by his parents Russell and Elfrieda Brown, and brother, Gordon Hall.
He was married to Freda Bergamo of New Mexico from 1962 to 1979. Wes then married his long time friend, Nell McCarty of Dallas on August 29, 1997. His passion was bluegrass music and playing the banjo. He was a member of the Dallas Banjo Band where he was able to spend time with close friends who shared the same passion. Wes was a fighter jet pilot in the Air National Guard and the Air Force, discharged in 1967. After 19 years he retired from Restland Funeral Home, a Stewart Enterprises, Inc. owned Cemetery and Funeral Home, where he created electronic forms and salesforce automation tools years before these processes were main stream. He had various other careers and hobbies throughout his life, typically focused on his interest and natural talent of creating and working with his hands. He was a skilled wood smith, steel smith and scale model aircraft hobbyist. Survivors include wife, Nell Brown; sons, Wayne Brown, Kevin Brown; daughters, Rowena Russell, Lynn Hillston; sisters, Shirley Beeman-Moore, Karen Pulsney; brothers, Kenneth Brown, Russell Brown; and numerous nieces, nephews, grandchildren and cousins. All that knew him will miss him very much.
A memorial service will be held on Saturday, April 12, 2014 at 1:00 pm in the Brooks Family Chapel at the North Dallas Funeral Home, 2710 Valley View Lane, Farmers Branch, Texas 75234 through the generosity of John P. Brooks, owner of The John P. Brooks Family Funeral Homes in North Texas.
Please send the family condolences on this website.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference