Rodney Pope, 52, passed September 23, 2021. As you can see, even though he was born in Dallas, he
was a huge Denver Bronco fan.
He was born to E.C. and Janie Pope. He leaves behind wife Kim, daughter Alexis and son Eric. His siblings
include Alvin (deceased) and wife Wanda Pope, brother Wayne and wife Donna Pope, brother Paul Pope
(deceased), sister Darlene and husband Greg Haake, brother David and wife Robin Pope.
Rodney also leaves behind many nieces, nephews, cousins, aunts and uncles. His family was everything
to him. We all have funny stories and memories we made with him throughout the years.
As most of you know, he loved to build and create things. He had fun building props to scare the kids at
Halloween. Not only was he family oriented, but he had a long list of friends, some of which were as
close as family to him.
We love you and will miss you.
The family will be receiving friends and family on Monday, September 27th from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm with the Celebration of Life service starting at 12:00 pm, all at Christian Center Church, 13505 Josey Lane, Farmers Branch, TX 75234.
Interment to follow at Oak Grove Memorial Gardens, 1413 E. Irving Blvd. Irving, TX 75060.
Please leave the family condolences and/or share memories on this website.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference