McGuyrt Schmidt Thomason, Pauline Dolores
Pauline Dolores McGuyrt Schmidt Thomason was born in Canton, Ohio on November 9, 1928. She was the third child and the first daughter of John William McGuyrt and Alice Harris McGuyrt. She adored her much older brothers, Malloy and Johnny, who called her “Sister”.
Dolores graduated from McKinley High School and attended one year of nursing school. She then went to work at Timken Roller Bearing Company, but in the decades that followed, she worked for doctors and hospitals, retiring from Children’s Hospital in Dallas in 1993.
She was married to Floyd Schmidt, father of her daughters, Cindy and Sherri, for over 25 years and at the age of 87, she married C.D. Thomason. They were married about 2 ½ years until his passing.
A long-time member of Irving Baptist Fellowship, she passed away on August 26, 2021. She is predeceased by her parents, brothers and daughter, Sherri Ann.
She is survived by daughter, Cindy Welch, grandchildren Heather Fortenbury (Ryan), Ashley Smith, Amber Vasquez and Brett Smith. She is also survived by 8 great grandchildren. Her grandchildren were the apple of her eye!
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference