Kyungin (Joice) Park from Murphy, TX passed away peacefully on August 25, 2021. She was a lovely and jovial woman who lived a meaningful life.
Joice was born in Busan, South Korea on November 4th, 1967. In middle school, her family immigrated to Huntington Beach, California on November 17, 1980. She graduated from El Toro High School in Lake Forest, California and went on to major in Computer Science at UC Irvine. Joice met Ji-hyun (John) Park and got married on December 29, 1996 in Midwest City, Oklahoma. Together, they had three children: Jonathan, Jamie, and Justine.
After her husband’s sudden passing on August 22nd, 2007, Joice raised her children on her own as a single mother. Despite her hardships, she always had a positive attitude towards life, with a constant smile on her face. She worked at her brother’s dental office to support her family, and she would also help out at her church.
She was a devoted mother who loved her children dearly, and her favorite thing to do was spend quality time with her family. She is preceeded in death by her husband John and her father Wha-Soo.
She is survived by her mother, Young-Soon, her sister Kyung-Shin (Ashley), her other sister Kyung-hwa (Laura), her brother Yu-Il (Joe), her son Jonathan, and her daughters Jamie and Justine. She will be remembered and missed always, with fond memories to look back upon.
The memorial service will be held at the North Dallas Funeral Home at 2710 Valley View Ln, Dallas, TX 75094 on Saturday, August 28 at 5:00 p.m. Her burial will take place at Restland Memorial Park at 13005 Greenville Ave, Dallas, TX 75243 on Sunday, August 29 at 11:30 a.m.
Please join our family for lunch and refreshments right after the burial service on Sunday at Korea House at 2528 Royal Lane, Dallas, TX 75229, Tel.(972) 243-0434.
Please share memories and condolences on this page.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference