Babb, Lionel James
Lionel James Babb was born Halloween October 31, 1940 and passed away peacefully in his own bed asleep on June 16, 2021.
Lonnie was a lot of things, and an airplane mechanic for the US Air Force, the love for airplanes is what brought his family to Dallas when he accepted a job at the Dallas Love Field Airport. After years of working for Dallas Love Field he went on to working at for Sears for about 20 years, then went on to work for Xerox for another 20 years.
High school sweethearts, Janet and Lonnie got married right away before he left for the Air Force. Together they had 2 children Deborah and David, David was born only 3 days before Deborah’s 1st birthday. The story is Janet came home and baked a birthday cake for Deborah, while Lonnie took a nap.
Lonnie will be missed by his family, Misty, Nicholas, Justin and Lizzie, David Smith, his friends and all the wonderful people who loved and care for him.
A Celebration of Life Service will be held on Thursday, August 5,2021 at 12:00 pm at North Dallas Funeral Home, 2710 Valley View Lane, Farmers Branch, Texas 75234, followed by a committal service at 1:30 pm at DFW National Cemetery, 2000 Mountain Creek Parkway, Dallas, Texas 75211.
Please leave the family condolences and share memories on this website.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference