Chapman, Kathy Jo (Oard)
Kathy was born in Abilene, TX on December 16, 1957 and died on July 5, 2021 surrounded by her loved ones. She was a lifelong resident of Irving, TX .
Her favorite things were the color purple, Linda Ronstandt, Elvis Presley, unicorns, and most of all – her family. Her nieces and nephews were especially important in her life. Kathy was not blessed with her own children, but was a second mother to all of her nieces and nephews. She would do anything for her family and friends. She was very strong headed, opinionated, loyal, and loving. If she had an opinion about something, you would know about it.
Some of her favorite hobbies were camping, kayaking, gardening, listening to music, and spending time with her family. She devoted most of her life to help in raising her nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by Her parents – Billie and Don, her brother Philip, and her nephew Josh. She is survived by her husband Larry, her sisters – Diane and Connie, her brother in law, Rob, and her many nieces and nephews – Amanda, Amy, Paige, Blake, Shelby, Cooper, Colton, Gage, Chloe, Mykaila, and Sierra and several great nieces and nephews. She will be deeply missed by her loving family, her devoted friends, and all the wonderful individuals who knew and loved her.
Celebration of Life services will be held on Wednesday July 21, 2021 at 1:00 PM at North Dallas Funeral Home Chapel, 2710 Valley View Lane Dallas, TX 75234
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference