Swinford, Wyman Griffin
Wyman Griffin Swinford, age 86, passed away in Lewisville, TX on June 14, 2021. He was born on December 20, 1934, to Emmitt and Sybil (Hays) Swinford in Linden, TX. He was a 1952 graduate of Linden-Kildare High School. He went on to serve in the US Army, stationed in Germany post WWII. Upon returning, he trained in HVAC and was employed with the US General Service Administration (GSA) in Tyler, TX until his retirement in 1991. His most meaningful work came after retirement in the 25+ years he traveled with the Volunteer Christian Builders to assist churches across the country to start or complete their construction projects.
Wyman loved family above all else and lived life to the fullest. He never met a stranger and was always willing to lend a hand, an ear, or a smile. He saw the very best in people and gave the very best of himself. He lived his life to enter His kingdom and no doubt the angels opened the doors for him…he was a good and faithful servant.
He is survived by his daughter and son-in-law, Stacie and Carl Bukowsky of Highland Village, TX, his son and daughter-in-law, Wes and Lisa Swinford of Burleson, TX, and grandchildren: Zachary and Tanner Swinford, Caleb, Kristen and Ava Bukowsky, Kara, and Ashton Swinford, as well as three great grandsons: Braxton Swinford and Knox and Slade Swinford.
He is also survived by his sister, Jannette Smith of Donna, TX, as well as many nephews, nieces, cousins, and countless friends.
Wyman was preceded in death by his parents, his brothers Jack and Hubert Swinford, his wife Glenna Swinford, and his son Stewart Swinford.
Funeral services will take place at Caves Springs Baptist Church and Cemetery on Sunday, July 18 at 2pm with burial following immediately afterward.
In lieu of flowers, the family is requesting donations be made “In honor of Wyman Swinford” to Volunteer Christian Builders: https://www.volunteerchristianbuilders.com/donate
Please leave condolences and share memories on this website
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference