Martin, Jackie Arvil
Jackie Arvil Martin went to be with our Lord and Savior on June 11 2021at 11:47 pm. He was 85 years of age.
He is preceded in death by his wife, Gladys Annett Martin and his parents, Jackson Adoo Martin; mother, Florence Alma Martin of Snyder Texas; his sister’s, Alena Dell Collier, and Iris Mae Kneese of Belton Texas; and his brother, Robert Truett Martin of Lewisville Texas.
He was survived by his son’s, Jackie Martin Jr. and wife, Donna of Irving Texas, Jimmy Martin of Grand Prairie Texas, Joey Martin and wife, Barbara of Justin,Texas and daughter, Latosha Arceo and husband, Jason of Rockwall Texas. He has 11 grandkids, Jennifer, Jackie (Rooster), David, Angela, Lucretia, Christopher, Nicole, Autumn, Adrian (A.J.), Jason (J.J.) and Gracie . He also has 10 great grand kids.
Jackie grew up in Colorado City, Texas. He was born in Snyder Hospital in Snyder, Texas He joined the Air Force in 1957. Jackie married Gladys Allen on October 10, 1958 in Reeder Road Baptist Church in Dallas, Texas. He retired from Yellow Freight and Tyco Simplex-Grinnel. He worked several other jobs, as well as driving the bus for Faithway Baptist Church in Irving. Jackie was baptized in Letot Baptist Church in Dallas, Texas where he served the Lord our God with Faith.
Pallbearers will be, Rooster Martin, Christopher Martin, David Martin, A.J. Pavel, J.J. Arceo, Bobby Hawkins, Dwayne Martin and Roland Allen.
The family will receive visitors for visitation and viewing on Wednesday, June 23, 2021 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm in the Brooks Family Chapel of the North Dallas Funeral Home, 2710 Valley View Lane, Farmers Branch, Texas 75234.
Jackie will be laid to rest on Thursday, June 24, 2021 at 11:15 am, with military honors, at the Dallas Fort Worth National Cemetery, 2000 Mountain Creek Parkway, Dallas, Texas 75211.
Please leave the family condolences and share memories on this website.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference