Heusinkveld, Frances G.
Frances G. Heusinkveld went to be with her Lord and Savior on June 5, 2021 at the age of 89. A loving wife, mother, grandmother and great grandmother, her family came first always.
She is survived by her daughter Lu Ann Blough and son, John Heusinkveld (fiancé Tracy) . She is also survived by grandchildren Matt Blough (Bailey), Daniel Blough (Kascie), David Blough (Melissa), Collin Heusinkveld (Maddi), Jordan Heusinkveld and Kathryn Rogers (Zach). Fran loved her great grandchildren, Leah Blough, Nora Rogers and Kylie and Stetson Heusinkveld.
Born on Dec. 2, 1931 in Savanna, IL, she attended Cornell College in Iowa and Northwestern University School of nursing in Evanston, IL where she obtained a BS in nursing. She married her high school sweetheart, Bob Heusinkveld, and was married for 58 years. Fran was an avid bridge player and didn’t come in second too many times. She enjoyed acting as a hostess, volunteering and attending family gatherings. She volunteered at Medical City Dallas for over twenty years and at Plano Presbyterian Hospital for 3. She loved her friends dearly and was often found lending a listening ear or giving medical advice to those in need.
Fran was a member and elder of Preston Hollow Presbyterian church in Dallas where she served as an usher for many years.
A memorial service will be held on Saturday June 12th in the chapel at 10:00 a.m. at 9800 Preston Road, Dallas, TX 75230. Reception will be held at The Tradition Prestonwood, 15250 Prestonwood Blvd., Dallas, TX 75248 from 11:30 – 12:30.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to The Salvation Army, Helping Hands, and sent c/o The Tradition, 15250 Prestonwood Blvd., Dallas, TX 75248.
Please leave the family condolences and share memories on this website.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference