Williams, Don Golan
On Sunday, May 30, 2021, Don Golan Williams of Farmers Branch, Texas passed away peacefully at the age of 93. Don was born on March 4, 1928 in Detroit, Michigan to Golan Earnest Williams and Juanita Vogan. He proudly served in the United States Air Force as an aerial photographer and was honorably discharged in April 1949.
Don had a lifelong passion for photography, flying his yellow Piper Tri-Pacer airplane, eating crab legs with his family; and he had a sincere dislike for listening to commercials on TV.
He is survived by his children Jim Williams, Jason Williams and wife Courtney, Kim Williams and Jana Burt. He will forever be remembered by his grandchildren Haley, Chandler, Cutter, Tyler, Austin, Curtis, Casey, Christina, Corey, Lindsey, Christopher, Michael, Keri, Lara and numerous great-grandchildren; sister Sherrell Conjemi, and nieces Tammy and Karen. Don was preceded in death by his parents, his loving wife of 37 years, Nancy Umbarger Williams, and his son, Gene Williams.
Don was a true patriarch of his family and will be deeply missed by all who knew him.
Visitation will be held on Thursday, June 10, 2021 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm in the Brooks Family Chapel of the North Dallas Funeral Home 2710 Valley View Lane, Farmers Branch, Texas 75234.
Celebration of Life service will be Friday, June 11, 2021 at 11:30 am at North Dallas Funeral Home followed by a procession to DFW National Cemetery, 2000 Mountain Creek Parkway, Dallas, Texas 75211 beginning at 2:00 pm.
Please leave the family condolences and share memories on this website.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference