Goldstein, David Harold
It is with very deepest regrets that we announce the death of David Harold Goldstein on May 12, 2021. He was born June 1, 1942 to Minnie and Isaac (Rockey) Goldstein. He is predeceased by his parents, and sister, Gwendolyn (Al) Benjamin whose Yahrtzeit was today.
David leaves his loving and beloved wife, Laura Levy; children, Evelyne and Jordan (Meghan) Goldstein; stepchildren, Julia Levy (Hugh Watkins), Debra Levy (James) Greenberg, Josh and Carley Kimmel, and granddaughter,Makenna, and many beloved step-nieces and nephews.
David was a native Dallasite and graduated from Hillcrest High School and UT Austin.
What a beautiful voice he had! He was in the choir at Shearith Israel and sang to his wife, Laura, everyday.
He played the saxophone and painted. David had a truly amazing life. He lived in Israel for a year in an art colony, he traveled all of Europe and the Caribbean.
David sold the gun to Hinckley, who shot President Ronald Regan in 1980.
He had a gazillion friends. He and friends, Larry Strauss and Bernie Shuster started the very successful Weiss Guys over 35 years ago. He also started a weekly Torah study class as well.
Funeral services will be at 2:00 pm Friday, May 14th, 2021 at Sparkman Hillcrest Memorial Park in the Beth Torah section. Harold M Wolf officiant.
In lieu of flowers donations to your favorite charity would be kindly appreciated.
Please leave the family condolences and share memories on this website.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference