Kurtis, Reva Doris Nyman
Reva Doris Nyman Kurtis was born on July 3, 1931 in Detroit Michigan and passed away on May 3, 2021 in Dallas Texas.
She is survived by her husband of 69-years Gerald Kurtis; daughter, Julie and son Marc; grandchildren Matthew, Elizabeth, Rachel, Garrett, Abigail and Rose; great grandchildren Lilee, Jasmine, Gavriel and Aria; also survived by much loved family, nieces, cousins, and friends.
Reva was proceeded in death by her mother, Miriam Nyman, her father, Max Nyman, and brother, Erwin.
For the 1st part of her life, she lived in Michigan than moved to Dallas to help her husband reach his dream job of opening a golf store.
Reva was a very loving independent women who never backed away from any challenge. She loved to be around family and friends, always wanting to know what was going on in their lives and if there was any way she could help them, always offering encouragement and support, almost to the point of being overbearing.
She loved to compete in many sports: bowling where she won many trophies, golf (she had a hole in one) and many other sports. Loved to cook and especially during the holidays where family members would come to enjoy the great food she would cook. She also was a skilled seamstress making clothes for herself, and Halloween costumes for the kids. She also enjoyed knitting and needle point and loved to garden.
She will be missed by all the people whose lives she came in contact.
Rest in peace ma, you will always be loved and missed dearly.
Please leave the family condolences and share memories on this website.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference