Rhea, David Paul
David Rhea was born on July 11, 1946 in Dallas, Texas and went to be with his Lord on April 2, 2021 in Denton, Texas.
He graduated from North Dallas High School in 1964 and shortly after was drafted into the Army. His service began 8/31/1964 thru 8/30/1970. During his time in the military, he served in the Vietnam war and received multiple commendations.
After the military, he spent some time working as a photographer in Houston and shortly after started riding and training horses. He spent 40+ years working with, competing with and riding Arabian Horses; in later years he dedicated all his time training horses and riders.
Those left to cherish his memory are: 17 nieces and nephews, 18 great nieces & nephews and 15 great great nieces & nephews. David was preceded in death by both of his parents, Louise and Oval Rhea, sister, Erma Owen and brothers, Robert, CB, James, and Ricky.
The family would like to recognize the many kind words and wonderful stories of how our uncle positively impacted those he trained and worked with over the years.
The family would be pleased if you could join them at 3:00 pm on May 1st for a Memorial at:
Ernesto’s Fine Mexican Food
10279 FM 455 E #100
Pilot Point, Tx 76258
Please leave condolences and share memories on this website.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference