Morehouse, James Lyman
James Morehouse, 67, of Kemp, Texas died on Sunday, April 4, 2021. He was born to Wallace (Dale) and Audrey Morehouse in California before moving to his hometown of Glasgow, Montana at a few months of age. After his graduation, we went on to serve in the Marines and started his own painting business.
He was an active member of Grace Community Church, Patriot Guards and employed by Kaufman ISD. In his free time, he enjoyed hunting, fishing, and helping others by giving his time to help complete projects.
James is survived by his wife Linda, daughter Denise Gillette; three siblings: Darrell, Sue, and Gail all of Montana; six grandchildren; and 1 great- grandson. He was preceded in death by son, Justin Morehouse, daughter, Katherine Scott, and grandson, Christopher.
The Celebration of Life service will be held on April 24, 2021 at 10:00 am at Grace Community Church in Mabank, Texas.
Please leave condolences and share memories on this website.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference