Tucker, Florence Inez Nave
Florence Inez Nave Tucker, 95, formerly of Elizabethton, Tennessee, passed away peacefully on Friday, March 26, 2021 in Plano, Texas. She was the daughter of the late Red William and Julia Goodwin Nave and was born in Johnson County, Tennessee (old Butler). In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her first husband, Lucien Garrison; second husband, Richard “Fred” Tucker Sr.; five brothers, Luther, Stanford “Peg,” Carl, Robert, Red W. Jr., and Harry Nave; and one sister, Anna Lou Burleson.
Mrs. Tucker was a long-time member of Immanuel Baptist Church, where she attended since childhood and was a founding member of the church choir. In her senior years, she moved her letter of membership to First Baptist Elizabethon. She was a world traveler, a finance career woman, a sports fan, a party hostess, a theme park lover, and an athlete. Tiny but mighty, “Memaw” jitterbug danced, golfed, and cheered her Tennessee Volunteers and Elizabethton’s minor league baseball team all the way into her 90s.
She is survived by her son, Tyson Garrison and wife Jean of Carrollton, Texas; two granddaughters, Amy (Brad) and Lindsay (Jude); five great-granddaughters, Claire, Camille, Georgiana, DeltaMay, and Kit; a step-son, Fredie Tucker (Debbie); a step-daughter, Kathy Bradshaw (Bill); five step-grandchildren; and 3 step-great grandchildren. Several nieces, nephews and cousins also survive.
A service to honor and celebrate the life of Mrs. Tucker will be held on Saturday April 3, 2021 at The North Dallas Funeral Home in Farmers Branch, Texas. In accordance with Mrs. Tucker’s wishes, final internment and a graveside service will take place in Elizabethton, Tennessee at a later date.
The family would like to express a heartfelt thank you to the staff of Prestonwood Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Center and Archway Hospice for their care and attention in her final days.
Those who prefer memorials in lieu of flowers may make donations to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital.
Please leave the family condolences and share memories on this website.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference