Curry, Delores Ann Hanna
Delores Ann Hanna Curry died Monday March 22, 2021 at Avante Nursing Home. Born December 28, 1938 in Plainview Texas, the daughter of Everett and Jean Hanna. She graduated from Plainview High School in 1957. It is where she met and married the love of her life, Henry Robert “Bob” Curry on August 17, 1957, they were married for 56 years before his death in June of 2013.
She was very active in Farmers Branch, Chapter Order of the Eastern Star. She served as Worthy Matron twice. She also served as Treasurer for several years. She was a Past Mother Advisor of Farmers Branch Rainbow Assembly several times. She touched the lives of many young women during those years. She worked at Peter Pan Peanut Butter Co, a Division of Swift & Company for many years in their accounting department until the company moved out of state. She retired from NEC America after several years in their accounting department.
Delores never met a stranger. She would start a conversation with anyone and usually figured out that they knew someone in common. She was a precious mother, grandmother, and friend. She will be missed by all.
She is survived by her son, Richard Curry of Farmers Branch, her daughter, Kelly Romans, and husband, Joey Romans of Novice; her grandson, Tanner Romans of Hurst; her sister, Sharon Spinks of Golden, Colorado; her nieces, Shawna, Jackie, and Laura Jean all of Colorado; and her lifelong friend, Reatha Pyatte and many sister and brothers of Eastern Star.
In lieu of flowers you may make a donation in her memory to the Eastern Star Chapter, the American Heart Association, or the American Cancer Society.
The Memorial Service will be held on Friday, March 26, 2021 at 1:00 pm in the Brooks Family Chapel of the North Dallas Funeral Home, 2710 Valley View Lane, Farmers Branch, Texas 75234.
Please leave the family condolences and share memories on this website.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference