Kassler, Barbara Ann (Rutledge)
Barbara Rutledge Kassler was called home to be with her Lord and savior on Monday, March 22, 2021. She was born on September 14, 1938 in Mt. Vernon, Texas. She graduated from Gilmer high school in 1956, then married Frank Kassler on February 8, 1958. She never met a stranger and loved talking and visiting with anyone willing to listen. She was the center of our family and planned every occasion. She was such a strong Christian and that led her to be one of the best people you would ever meet. She was kind, loving and compassionate and she will be greatly missed by anyone who knew her.
Most of all she will be missed by her loving husband of 63 years. For the last 30 years, they were together every day, following their retirement. Our hearts are broken, but we find some relief in knowing she is with our Lord.
Barbara is preceded in death by her parents Grace T. and John M Rutledge, her brother John A. Rutledge and her great granddaughter Riley Christine Cypert.
She is survived by her husband Frank Kassler, brother Harry Keith Rutledge, daughter Krista Lyn Jones, daughter Kelly Ann Cypert and husband Mike, grandsons Robert Lee Jones II, Michael Aaron Cypert and Hunter Alex Cypert. Great grandchildren Layla Raquel Jones, Kaylee Grayson Skinner, Camden Aaron Cypert, Harli Ann Cypert and Bryson Lee Cypert, many cousins, nieces and nephews.
Services are pending at Oak Hill Baptist church, Gilmer, Texas.
Please leave condolences and share memories on this website.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference