Eggerichs, Col. James (Jim) M.
Col. James (Jim) M. Eggerichs, age 84, passed away January 4, 2021 in Dallas, Texas. Jim had been fighting Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD) and succumbed to Covid.
Jim is survived by his wife, Patricia (Patsy), three children: Susan Levy, Beth Eggerichs, and Jim Eggerichs. He also leaves behind a son in law, David Levy and two grandchildren, Allison and Sarah Levy. He is survived by four siblings, Gary and Bob Eggerichs, Randy Eggerichs and Janet Gaa.
Jim enjoyed a long career as an Army Officer. He was a veteran of the Vietnam War, earned eleven medals and attended War College. After his army retirement he settled in Dallas, Texas and worked for MCI telecommunications. He was an avid sportsman who played football for his alma mater, University of Illinois, and remained active in returning for reunions at the University and with his Phi Gamma Delta fraternity brothers. He was a handball player, cyclist and a scuba diver that completed over 100 dives.
Jim was a devoted husband, father and grandfather. He met his wife Patsy at church camp at the age of 14 and was happily married for 61 years. Jim had strength and determination that went beyond the physical, to those closest to him it seemed like he could do and fix anything he set his mind to. He was fiercely loyal to his family and friends and loved them beyond comparison. He made the world a better place.
Services will be held at 11:00 am (CST) Wednesday, January 13, 2021 in the Brooks Family Chapel of the North Dallas Funeral Home, 2710 Valley View Lane, Farmers Branch, Texas 75234. To livestream please use the following link https://vimeo.com/event/604478. Jim will eventually reside in Arlington National Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers the family would appreciate donations to Interstitial Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation or to the Alzheimer’s Association.
Please leave the family condolences and share memories on this website.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference