Schmollinger, Steven H.
On December 24th, 2020, Steven H. Schmollinger, a beloved husband and father, passed away at the age of 67. He is survived by his wife, Lynn, his siblings, Sandy and Paul, and his five children: Alex, Burke, Carlyle (Anthony), Wyatte (Tyler), and Mia. He was an adoring grandpa to five grandchildren: Cate, Isabel, Petra, Rosie, and Ptolian.
Steve was born on June 27, 1953 in Lodi, California to Herbert and Dorothy Schmollinger. He graduated from San Diego State University with a degree in economics and received an MBA from the University of Arizona. He served as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Guatemala. In 1986, Steve married R. Lynn Hayes and together they raised five children. He worked as a financial analyst for many years. From a young age, his true passions were photography and trains. Steve combined both of those interests to publish four successful railroad photography books. Throughout his life, he devoted himself to genealogy and church service, always ministering to those who could use a friend. Steve also loved model railroading, watching movies with his family, doting on his pets, and sharing his testimony of the Gospel with others. A friend to all, he will be deeply missed.
Services will be held at 12:00 pm on Friday, January 1, 2021in the Brooks Family Chapel of the North Dallas Funeral Home, 2710 Valley View Lane, Farmers Branch, Texas 75234. A viewing will take place from 12:00 pm -12:30 pm with a funeral service to immediately follow from 12:30 pm -1:00pm. He will be laid to rest at Rolling Oaks Memorial Center in Coppell, Texas at 2:00 pm.
Due to covid-19 regulations, the maximum number of visitors allowed is 50. Kindly RSVP to 972-786-4178. Face coverings are required and social distancing.
Please leave the family condolences and share memories on this website.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference