Lummus, Ronney Vernon
Ronney “Vernon” Lummus, age 77, of Dallas, TX entered into rest on Sunday, November 1, 2020. Vernon was born to Elie Truman and Vera Edna Lummus, in Bridgeport, TX on March 27,1943.
He loved his family unconditionally and was there for anyone at any time they needed. He also had a great love for the outdoors, including camping, hiking, and canoeing. He enjoyed spending time in many National Parks, and especially taking trips to the Buffalo National River in Northern Arkansas. He enjoyed traveling the world and taking several river and ocean cruises with his wife Camilla.
Left to cherish his memory is his wife Camilla of 50 years of marriage. Daughter, Jana Buettner and husband Mark. Grandchild, Mark Buettner Jr. and Bailey Buettner, Shanna Benner, Heath Benner, Jared Benner. Sister, Twlya Newman and husband Bob. Niece, Paige Brooks and husband Scott, and amongst numerous cousins. He is preceded in death by Son, Tommy Benner. He will be deeply missed by his loving family, his devoted friends, and all the wonderful individuals who knew and loved him.
Please leave the family condolences and share memories on this website.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference