Rudoff, Sanford (Sandy)
Sanford (Sandy) Rudoff, age 84, died at home with his wife and family surrounding him on Sunday, October 18th. Born December 3, 1935 in Los Angeles, CA, however lived the majority of his life in Chattanooga, TN and Dallas, TX. He retired from a long career at Macy’s. He was also honorably discharged July 31, 1963 as a Morse code specialist.
Sandy was a volunteer at Chai House with his special friend for many years. Outside of employment and his volunteerism time, nothing was more important to Sandy than his love of family, his time with family and Cowboys football. His family’s belief was that he was put on this earth to take care of his beloved wife and family. A true love story, his marriage was a testament to the love and devotion he had for those in his life.
He was preceded in death by his brother, Dr. Robin Rudoff.
Survivors include wife of 66 years Barbara Rudoff, daughter Susan (Yale) Metz, daughter Staci (Scot) Zale, daughter-in-law Georga Rudoff, grandchildren Allyson (Chris) Tuckness, Aliyah (Chris) Hitchcock, David (Kelsey) Metz, Jenna Rudoff, Erica Rudoff, and 2 great grandsons Mason and Dylan Tuckness. He is preceded in death by his son, Steve Rudoff.
A private family service will be held at Temple Emanu-El Cemetary on Tuesday, October 20th at 2:30pm. Zoom will be made available for friends and family to join.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations can be made to:
Alzhiemers Association Greater Dallas
3001 Knox St #200
Dallas TX 75205
Jewish Family Services of Greater Dallas
5402 Arapaho Rd
Dallas, TX 75248
To watch the service, join zoom meeting at link below:
Please leave the family condolences and share memories on this website.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference