Humbert, Sterling Durant "Sonny"
Sterling Durant “Sonny” Humbert, son of Michael Lee Humbert and Brenda Gale Humbert was born February 22, 1991 in Dallas, Texas. Sterling joined the U.S. Army while still in high school at the young age of 17. He graduated from Newman Smith in 2009. While in the Army, he went to work at UPS where he was quickly advanced to Supervisor. Sterling managed working full time, attending college and serving in the U.S. Military. All of his Sergeant’s spoke very highly of him and always said it was an honor to serve with him.
As a result of his generous spirit and humble personality, he was loved by many. His influence will forever remain in the lives of all who knew him. He enjoyed working out, playing video games and spending time with his family, sisters, nieces, nephews, cousins and friends. He unexpectedly departed this life Saturday, February 23, 2019, the day after his 28th birthday.
His beautiful life will forever be cherished and remembered in the lives of his family and friends. He is survived by his dog, Spanky Humbert; father, Michael Humbert and bonus mom, Deborah Humbert; mother, Brenda Humbert; his grandparents, DL Cantrell and Anita “Bammer” Bass; his sisters, Desiree Humbert, and husband, Courtney Gatlin, Brittany Humbert and husband, Gino Van Kuilenburg, Shelbi Keay and husband, J.R. Keay; his nieces, Tatum, Marayah, Mya, Makayla and Madison; his nephews, Jordan, Casey, Brody, and Tristan; and many beloved aunts, uncles, cousins; his best friends, Christopher Curry, Miguel Martinez, Ralph Justiniani, Christian Morton, Tristan Howdeshell and Chelsea Crimson.
Sterling is preceded in death by his grandparents, Lee Drew and Patricia Humbert; and Aunt Diane Humbert.
A Memorial Service is scheduled for 11:00 am on Saturday, March 9th in the Brooks Family Chapel of the North Dallas Funeral Home, 2710 Valley View Lane, Farmers Branch, Texas 75234.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations, in his memory, may be made to:
* MAPB, Mothers Against Police Brutality
MAPB ● 1910 Pacific Ave. Ste #9550 ● Dallas, Texas 75210 ● (214) 454-3980
* NAMI, National Alliance on Mental Illness
NAMI North Texas ● 2812 Swiss Ave ● Dallas, Texas 75204 ● (214) 341-7133
Please leave the family condolences and share memories on this website.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference