Bunch, Arlene (Barron)
Arlene Bunch, 78, went home to be with her Lord on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 after an extended battle with Alzheimer’s Disease.
Wanda Arlene Barron Bunch was born to Henry C. Barron and Francine Cook (Barron) Campbell on September 21, 1938 in Big Spring, Texas. She was preceded in death by her parents and her husband, of 53 years, Darrel Bunch.
She is survived by her two daughters; Tanya Whitlock and husband, Perry; Brenda Harrington and husband, Thomas; three grandsons, Tommy Harrington, Jonathon and Andrew Whitlock; two granddaughters, Katy and Bonnie Harrington, all of Carrollton, Texas; one sister, Lunell Barrington; two nieces of Mesquite, Texas; and one aunt, Beatrice Crum of Marietta, Georgia.
Arlene was the beloved wife, of 53 years, of Darrel Bunch. She was Mama to Tanya and Brenda, and Nana to Tommy, Jonathon, Katy, Andrew and Bonnie. She was known as a dedicated wife, mother and homemaker, and was loved by all who knew her. She had a love of quilts, butterflies and cardinals and she was also an accomplished painter of landscapes and bluebonnets. Arlene was a member of First Baptist Carrollton for 53 years.
Arlene’s family will be receiving visitors on Sunday, March 5, 2017 from 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm in the Brooks Family Chapel of the North Dallas Funeral Home, 2710 Valley View Lane, Farmers Branch, Texas 75234.
Celebration of Life Service will begin at 2:00 pm following the visitation at the same location. Rip Cannon will be officiating.
Graveside Services will be at 10:00 am on Monday, March 6, 2017 at Rolling Oaks Memorial Park, 400 Freeport Pkwy, Coppell, Texas 75019.
Please leave the family condolences and share memories on this website.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference