Groce, Norma "Gayle" Alldredge
Long-time Farmers Branch resident, Norma “Gayle” Alldredge Groce, passed away peacefully at home on the morning of January 9th, 2017. Gayle was born January 3rd, 1932 in Dallas Texas to Robert and Lula Alldredge. She graduated from Adamson High School in 1949. That fall, she married William C. Groce. She took great pride in her career as an executive secretary at USAIG, General Aluminum, and Western Extrusions until she retired in 1983. Gayle enjoyed traveling in the Continental US, Hawaii, and the Caribbean. She also enjoyed many years with family and friends at home and at the Lazy Acres, lakehouse community, at Lake Texoma. Gayle was an active member at Webb Chapel United Methodist Church, Farmers Branch Woman’s Club, and Beta Sigma Phi Service Sorority. She volunteered for the Farmers Branch Senior Center’s Random Act of Kindness and at the Harrington School.
Gayle was preceded in death by her parents; her husband in 2009; her brother, Robert Alldredge Jr.; her sisters, Donna Black and Doris Veatch; her great-grandsons, Liam and Sebastian Callaway; niece, Vicki Alldredge Barnett; and great-niece, Denise Pittman.
She is survived by her brother, Darrell Alldredge and his wife, Helen; brother-in-laws, D.L. Black and Bob Groce & his wife Kay; her son, William Randal Groce and his wife, Rebecca; daughter, Robin E. Rose and her husband, Billy; grand-daughters, Michelle Barbee and her, husband Brennan, Rori Callaway and her husband, Zach, and Monica Pavlovsky and her husband, Luke; her great-grandchildren, Evey Barbee, Miles Callaway, Tessa Pavlovsky, Aurelia Callaway, and Baby Caden Pavlovsky – due in June, and many nieces and nephews.
Her family would like to give special thanks to her loving caretaker, Artelia Muntz.
A graveside will be held on Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 10:00 am at Restland Memorial Park, 13005 Greenville Avenue, Dallas, Texas 75243.
In lieu of flowers, the family would appreciate donations to:
P.O. Box 631566
Irving, TX 75063
In memory of the Callaway twins
Please leave the family condolences and share memories on this website.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference