Nolan, June Clare (Henk)
June Clare Nolan, born May 24, 1925 in Buffalo, New York to Harry and Josephine Henk, passed from glory of family to the glory of Heaven on Sunday, October 30, 2016.
She lived in Buffalo, New York throughout her childhood and met the man of her dreams, Damon Nolan, while attending Marquette University in Wisconsin, where she majored in chemistry.
They were married in Buffalo, New York and the saga, which was came to be known as “the Nolan family”, began.
Through the years the Nolans moved from Buffalo, New York to Maryland then Wisconsin and finally to our home state of Texas. During this time, a family of nine were born and raised under Mom’s guiding eyes and in her loving arms.
Damon and June retired and moved to Laguna Vista, Texas to enjoy the Gulf Coast air, warm hospitality, and delicious shrimp; returning to North Texas to be close to family in their remaining years.
June is survived by her husband, Damon; daughters, Colleen, Cathleen and Laurie; and sons, Damon II, Paul and Bryan. She is preceded in death by her daughter, Maureen; and sons, Kevin and Mike.
She will be fondly remembered by all, including many granddaughters and grandsons and great-granddaughters and great-grandsons.
In lieu of flowers, the Nolan family requests donations be made to the Alzheimer’s Association (www.alz.org).
May God bless you, Mom, as you have blessed your family these many wonderful years.
Memorial service arrangements will be held at 2:00 pm on Saturday, Nov 26th, at Krum United Methodist Church, 1001 McCart Street, Krum, TX 76249.
Please leave the family condolences and share memories on this website.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference