Arbour, Sydney R.
Family and friends mourn the untimely death of Sydney Rebecca Arbour. She died surrounded by her loved ones on Saturday, February 14, 2015 in Dallas, Texas following a brief illness. Sydney was born in Dallas, Texas on December 26, 1989. She enjoyed her extended family and made frequent visits to her Father’s family in Baton Rouge and New Orleans and her Mother’s family in Boyce, Louisiana. She graduated from Plano West High School and led an active life leaving countless memories filled with love for family and friends.
Sydney is survived by her parent’s Katy and Mike Arbour and her two sisters, Katherine McCauley Arbour and Caroline Stone Arbour of Dallas, both college students. She is also survived by her Boyce Grandmother, Ella Elizabeth James. She was preceded in death by her grandparents of Baton Rouge, Mr. and Mrs. Robert F. Arbour and her maternal Grandfather, Matthew Joseph Keppinger, Jr. formerly of Harve de Grace, Maryland.
Sydney was an active member of St. Rita’s Catholic Community located at 12521 Inwood Road, Dallas, TX where memorial services will be held Monday, February 16, 2015 at 2:00 pm conducted by Father Luca. Visitation will begin at 1:00 pm prior to the service.
Sydney will be buried Wednesday, February 18, 2015 in the James Family Cemetery on Henderson James Hill near Boyce, Louisiana. Her uncles and cousins will serve as pallbearers.
Sydney loved everything to do with Disney princesses, however, she was always the queen.
In lieu of flowers, please consider making a donation to Camp Summit.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference