William Mills Leggett
Obituary for William Mills Leggett
William Mills (Bill) Leggett of Dallas passed away peacefully on Wednesday, December 29, 2021, after complications from Alzheimer’s. He died shortly after his 78th birthday.
Bill was a highly respected architectural designer of many commercial buildings in the Dallas area and elsewhere. At one time, the architectural firm in which he was a partner ranked among the top ten in the nation.
Beyond his professional creativity, Bill brought life and vision to everything he touched, such as the restoration of dozens of vintage cars, boats, and planes, and countless personal creative projects that he pursued with his wife and each of his children.
He was a lover of music and played drums with a local band made of his lifelong friends.
He was a loving, kind-hearted husband, father, grandfather, brother, and friend, who was eager to add his unique perspective and helpful attitude to any endeavor.
Bill was born on December 18, 1943, in Lexington, KY, the son of Harold Elsworth Leggett and Rilla Leggett, who both preceded him in death.
He will be loved and celebrated by his wife of 33 years, Barbara Dee Leggett, and his children: Mark Leggett (Noah, Nick), Wil Leggett, Cameron Leggett, Amanda Davidson (Edie, Lyle, Ames), Holli Elrod (Brooks), Robin Mewborne (Anna) ; a sister, Doris Booth, seven grandchildren, and many nieces and nephews.
A memorial service at St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, will be announced later. Condolences can be left on the North Dallas Funeral Home website. In lieu of flowers, donations are gratefully appreciated to the SPCA, The Alzheimer’s Association, or The Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration (AFTD).
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference