Monroe L. Wright
Monroe L. Wright was born July 21, 1937, to the union of Calvin and Odessa Wright in Ran, Oklahoma.
Monroe was the youngest of 10 children. Monroe was proceeded in death by his father, mother, five sisters and four brothers. He will always be known as the last of the Wrights of his generation.
He moved to Dallas, Texas in 1942. He attended Phyllis Wheatly Elementary School and graduated from Lincoln High School in 1959.
After graduation, Monroe went to work as a truck driver. Monroe received a “5 Years Accident-Free Safe Driving Award.” He also received certificates and awards for perfect attendance for years of service.
Monroe departed this life December 30, 2021, at 9:06 AM.
He leaves to cherish his memory: wife of 58 years
Rita Wright, son Frederick Wright, daughter and son-in-law, CaSandra Wright Johnson (Gerald), son, Delando Wright, son Marlando Wright, and daughter, Shae Wright. Grandchildren, Sterlyn Reed, CaLynn Reed,
Cassandra Cofer, Hezekiah Cooksey, Kendrick Wright,
Alvin Williams, and a host of great-grandchildren and
great-great-grandchildren. Nieces, Rosalyn Perry,
Sharon Hilton, and Pia Earl.
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference