Judith Gail Rhodes
Our beloved Mother, Judith Gail Rhodes passed away on September 24, 2022, after a brief illness.
Judith Rhodes was born on June 7, 1942, to Betty Serota in Oakland, CA. After graduation from high school, she joined the Air Force and served in the combat support group from 1961 to 1965. After her service, she dedicated her time to raising her family. Later, through her adult years, she worked as a Trial Paralegal.
Judy lived her life to the fullest. She was very proud to be a veteran and was very proud of her service. She liked to attend various VA events and enjoyed being in the company of other veterans. She loved to go to the gift shop at the Dallas VA to shop during her many appointments. She would wear her VA clothing that she purchased proudly. Judy was also very outgoing and made friends very easily. She loved all the friends that she made, and they loved her! She made a big impression with other people over the years.
Judy was predeceased by her mother Betty Serota. She is survived by her daughters , Samantha Schwartz and Millicent Rhodes, son in law Andrew Schwartz, grandchildren Seth Schwartz, Sarah Schwartz, Zachary Schwartz, and Miriam Eiben.
Services will be held at the Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery on Thursday October 6, 2022, at 1 P.M. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made to The US Department of Veterans Affairs
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference