Joyce S. Murphy
Joyce Sharpe Murphy, 93, was born in Bogalusa, Louisiana, and moved to Dallas, Texas as a young teenager with her mother, 4 sisters and brother.
She is pre-deceased by husband, Howard Murphy, Jr. of 32 years. left to cherish her memories are Rita Wenger, and husband, Skip, and many more nieces and nephews and little dog, Reece. She will be deeply missed by her loving family, her devoted friends, and all the wonderful individuals who knew and loved her.
Joyce became a Fashion Director at Titche’s Department store from 1969-1971 and Dallas Fashion Group, an International group of women, from 1970-1972. She was a fashion model in Dallas from 1950-1968. Joyce modeled for many of the large department stores, A. Harris & Co., Titches, Neiman-Marcus, Lou Lattimore and many more, she had a great love for fashion so much she was a member of Rag Ladies; a group of women, that were all in the fashion world, in some form or another. They met monthly for lunch, until Covid in 2020.
Please leave the family condolences and share memories on this website.
Funeral Services have been entrusted to North Dallas Funeral Home, Mrs. Murphy will be laid to rest at Restland Cemetery in Dallas, TX this will be a private interment service.
In lie of flowers a donation may be made in her honor, she requested the SPCA or UNT Texas Fashion Collection, mailing address is:
Texas Fashion Collection
College of Visual Arts & Design
1155 Union Circle #305100
Denton, TX 76203
It was such a nice pleasure to meet you, and what you had planned for my father just took my breath away. It was so special to hear you tell us how he would just come over to talk with you. I think it brought him much comfort. Tha you for putting that Air Force article of him on your website. I am going to have a replica made of the painting of his plane to give you. Thank you again for all you have done to honor our dad. Love, The Gillilands
Get In Touch
North Dallas Funeral Home
- When a Death has occurred please call us to make arrangements and to have one of our care team members assist you and your family immediately. Toll-free: 1-800-300-1655 Local: 972-241-9100
- Click here to Download the Cremation Forms
- Have the cremation authorization form notarized
- Fax the forms back to us at:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Facts about Funerals (PDF)
- General Price List (PDF)
- Hospice Groups in DFW Metroplex
- Hospitals in DFW Metroplex
- Flying with Cremated Remains (PDF)
- Social Security Information (PDF)
- Appointment of Agent to Control Disposition of Remains (PDF)
- Area Cemeteries
- VA Burial Benefits
- VA Applications and Request Forms
- VA Organizations
- Texas Prepaid Funeral Contracts
- What to Bring to the Arrangement Conference